You can use cl1p.net as a start page for programmers. As a web application developer I have to access a lot of machines in the office. Most of them are by IP and some have long cumbersome names. I also have to access the web apps that I’m working on from different browsers.
My solution was to use cl1p.net to make a simple HTML start page. You can see it here.
Create your own, just follow these steps.
1. Pick a URL that starts with cl1p.net. ( i picked http://cl1p.net/robs/startpage )
2. In the Textarea write the HTML. I just use a simple table and links, but you could use any HTML you wanted.
3. Add a password, change the keep for to something longer then a week and Click save, you will see a message saying (Page was saved).
4. In the top right hand corner you see a link http://cl1p.net/robs/startpage. Click on that link to see the rendered HTML.
5. What happened here is that you are now looking at http://d.cl1p.net/robs/startpage. This will only show you the raw data, and since its HTML we see an HTML page.
6. Set http://d.cl1p.net/robs/startpage as the homepage.
Bam! There you go. A programmers start page.